Frequently Asked Questions about Regional Student Symposiums:
- What is a symposium?
This is a one-day mini conference for students scheduled over the weekend typically a Saturday. The full day of programming includes rapid fire lectures, hands-on labs, as well as an opportunity for participants to speak with Program Directors and residents from the surrounding area during lunch.
- 2. Who can host?
All emergency medicine residency programs who are members of ACOEP are welcome to host. Special consideration will be given to programs based on several factors including but not limited to: region of conference(s), location of program and program specialty.
- What are the requirements to host a symposium at your program?
Any program interested in hosting a symposium must:
- Submit an application (insert link here to form or hyperlink)
- Recruit faculty and staff to provide a half day of Rapid fire lectures (typically 5 lectures- 2.5 hours)
- Provide a minimum of 3 hours of hands-on skill labs and/or hands-on workshops
- Provide faculty and or residents to run any skill labs/workshops
- Be willing to solicit the participation of Program Directors and residents to participate on lunch panel
- When are symposiums generally hosted?
Symposiums are hosted biannually during the academic calendar, typically on a Saturday.
- What support does ACOEP provide?
ACOEP covers the cost and provides:
- Breakfast and lunch for all those attending as well as resident and PD volunteers
- Generates and manages registration based on the capacity your location can hold
- Onsite staff the day of the event to set up and wrap up and
- Handles all marketing and printing needs for this event.
- How can I get involved?
We would love to hear from you! Please complete the online form here and we will be in touch shortly. Please be aware that these events are planned one year in advance to ensure quality programming. If you have any questions please contact Lindsey Roden, RSO Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-445-5717.