The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine (WestJEM) continues to flourish globally. We are expanding our team and recruiting a Resident Section Editor from ACOEP. This is a wonderful opportunity to critique manuscripts in emergency medicine, as well as learn from and connect with the editorial leadership. Please see the following requirements:
Requirements for Interested ACOEP Resident Section Editors
- Have at least two original research publications in an area of interest.
- Be actively involved in current research projects.
- Have at least one full academic year remaining in emergency medicine residency (or PEM, IM/EM, or IM/EM/CC) or EM-related fellowship.
- The Section Editor is expected to review 2-5 manuscripts per month.
- The Section Editor will have two weeks from the time they receive at least two completed peer-reviews to write a brief synthesis of the reviews and submit to the Decision Editor. If unable to complete the review, the Section Editor must notify the Editorial Director at email@example.com
- Actively recruit submissions of resident and fellow research, case reports and images to both WestJEM and Clinical Practice and Cases in Emergency Medicine (CPC-EM).
- Promote the journal at any conferences attended, including attending research fora and speaking with authors and presenters to encourage full paper submission.
- Share and disseminate WestJEM’s social media posts, and encourage other residents and fellows to do the same.
- Attend bi-annual Editorial Board meetings at SAEM and ACEP annual meetings.
- Encourage submissions to WestJEM sponsored research competitions at ACOEP and AAEM annual meetings.
- Be a judge at one of WestJEM’s sponsored research competitions.
If interested, please send a letter of interest and most recent CV to Mark Langdorf, MD, MHPE, Editor-in Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.